Emailing to your merge file
Go to Mail Merge:Email To Merge File. The program will send an email message to each record in the merge file that includes an email address.
Note: You should always TEST your bulk email before sending it out:
- Choose at least three email recipients (could be your office co-workers or family members). Give each tester a Worker or Contact code that means "email test".
- Generate a merge file for that code, and send your email first to those addresses. Write your text into the space for the mail body.
- To save your email text, hit Ctrl-A to select all text, and then Paste the selected text into a text editor such as Notepad. (Don't use Microsoft Word because it will leave unrecognizable editing characters in your text.)
- Once your email text has been saved and your test email sent and proofread, generate a new merge file of your email recipients. When creating a new merge file, you can check the box entitled Email Addresses Only to select only those records with email addresses. Then re-paste your corrected email text and (now safely) send the email message.
- You can choose to automatically enter the greeting at the beginning of the text, OR you can enter the mail-merge data yourself in a manner similar to the same feature in the letter-wriring program. However, this program doesn't include the drop-down menu for merge field names, so you'll need to enter them from the following table:
|<#KEY>||(I)ndividual, (P)AC/Company, (M)=Vendor|
|<#FULLNAME>||Full Name spelled out|
|<#COMPANY>||Company (if KEY = P or M)|
|<#ADDRESS1>||First Address Line|
|<#ADDRESS2>||Second Address Line|
|<#CurrentDateLong>||Date spelled out|